2.05.2008

RSS, TAGS, PODCASTS, BLOGS, WIKIS... YOU DRIVE ME MAD!!!


This was my feeling before grasping their meaning... Now I say, GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!


I present you my computer before learning how to use RSS. Yes, papers all around as reminders to remember the sites I mostly used, copy books with endless lists and, of course (I intended to be a 'computer person'), I had files neatly organized in folders bearing more endless lists... for nothing. Whenever I wanted to go back to something, never knew where to find it and ended up googling it. Not to mention timeless surfing weekends looking for new material and finding out most of the times there was nothing new under the sun.


But now, thanks to my new friends in blogging4educators and baw08, I really feel like a computer girl (well, a kind of...). A brand new way of finding everything showed up in my screen and it was like Harry Potter's magic! I simply love it! My definite choice was Pageflakes, as I find it very visual and user friendly.


Now my plan is go on experimenting and learning more about RSS and its uses, and of course this wonders called Blogs. I've simply fell in love with all this, though I'm kind of slow to learn, but as you all say, perseverance is the key to success. So after getting to know as much as possible (because you also warned me you never stop learning with so many new tools coming up everyday), I'll start experimenting with wikis.


So, guys, wish me luck!

4 comments:

Carla Raguseo said...

Congratulations on your blog Patricia!

You've had a fantastic start reflecting on the challenges ahead and now I see you are experimenting with the Web 2.0 in its full complexity. You are not slow at all!!

It was a pleasure to "meet" your computer as well. I think we should all "introduce" our computers or devices to the group since they are our windows to the world and they get to work 24/7 during EVO! What do you think? ;)
Great idea for a b4echallenge!

Hugs from Rosario, Argentina
Carla R.
carlaraguseo.edublogs.org/

Patricia said...

THANKS A LOT, CARLA!
You're always there to support and encourage, especially us beginners.
I agree with you, we should all introduce our computers as since the beginning of EVO they've become an extension of our brains!
Thanks again to pay a visit.
Pato

Illya said...

I LOVE your computer screen!!! and wish you lots of luck in your endevours. I think the time and energy is worth it investing in these tools. I too am still learning and there's so many possibilites that it's impossible to do them all. But once you get the basics down, you can start reaping the benefits.
GOOD LUCK :-)
Illya

BeyzaY said...

Dear Patricia,
Your blog posts are great! Good luck in your web 2.0 journey.
Hugs
Beyza