2.05.2008

ART, hand in hand with technology

To all the art lovers I found in b4e and baw08, I want to share these beautiful pictures by my beloved aunt Coqui.


The video was made by her daughter and her son in law, Beatriz and Martín. As you can see the whole family is very proud of what she does and follows all her achievements.


You can find different techniques throughout this presentation: oil painting, 'pastel' and 'madera a la vista' (I couldn't find these in English). 'Madera a la vista', for those who don't speak Spanish, is a very interesting technique born in the XVII century used to paint on wood. She uses it in say 'the usual way' , I mean to make paintings with frames, and also as craft works which I think are really beautiful and creative. She takes a piece of wood and creates the painting following the grains and flaws (like holes) in it . I love it!


All the pictures show her passions: our region (landscapes, towns and people) and horses. As a teacher she is a good observer and she tries to portray the essence of the country people in our region.


I hope you enjoy her work as much as her number one fan does (that is me, of course).

2 comments:

Yair said...

Hola Pato!
como estas?

Te comento que recien ahora leo tus mensajes y gracias por contestar.
Me alegro que te haya gustado la review (prometo mas para prontito) y espero que veas las pelis q recomiendo y te gusten como a mi =)

Con respecto a si soy emo o no, la verdad nunca tuve muy en claro ese concepto, lo que si te podria decir q es que no me gusta etiquetarme de algo, sinceramente trato de ser lo mas libre posible sin pensar en lo que soy o dejo de ser :)

Gracias a tu hija por decir que soy lindo jeje, seguramente ella tambien lo sea =)

Beso grande!

PD: que seria ser Emo? jejeje

Yair said...

Buenas!

Que tal todo por aqui?

Pasaba a salufar ya que hacia mucho que no lo hacia.
Tenes que actualizar! que anda pasando?? mmm

Bueno, saludos para vos y vivky!

besoo!